Listening Extra Practice - Section 2 - Practice 1
Before you listen, find a pen and paper to make notes as you listen.
These 10 questions relate to an interview in which an ELC lecturer describes a summer programme for students at a Canadian university. Listen and answer the questions. At the end, you can check your answers. If you have a wrong answer, you can click the 'tips' button for that question to listen to the relevant section again. Clicking the 'answer' button enables you to check the correct answer.
A dialogue about a summer programme for students at a Canadian university.
Section 2 Questions 1 - 8
Complete the notes below.
Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
(1) Adrian Lee is a citizen.
(2) The English Award Scheme summer programme is held in
(3) The programme lasts weeks.
(4) Activities include making a newspaper or working on
(5) The University does not want too many in order to keep a mix of nationalities.
(6) One aim is to improve students’ English skills and have
(7) The Dean of the Polytechnic has reserved $HK per year for the English Award Scheme.
(8) To get funding a student needs to put together a
Section 2 Questions 9 - 10
Choose the correct letter A, B or C
(9) It's important that students
A. choose successful objectives from the start.
B. learn as they go along.
C. all choose the same kind of objectives.
(10) 15-20 students are ______ by the Committee