WELCOME to the ELC's IELTS Online Practice Materials
These materials have been specifically developed to provide support for students who are preparing to take the IELTS test. Watch the video to get an overview of the IELTS test and a guide to these online materials.
- operates around the world
- assesses your level of English language
- tests reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- continues as the preferred 'exit' test for Hong Kong graduates
- is widely used by academic institutions, other organisations and companies
AIM of these materials
These materials aim to enhance students' English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking. For each skill there is a:
- video describing the test in detail
- section on general tips to help you do better in the test
- series of practice activities to help you prepare for the test
- section with information about offline CILL materials
- section with links to online extra materials
HOW can you do better in IELTS?
We recommend that you use the materials on these pages to:
- familiarise yourself with the different papers and sections of the IELTS test
- practise the skills, strategies and techniques which will maximise your performance
- complete the various practice activities for different parts of the test
- make use of the suggested online resources
- visit the Centre for Independent language learning (CILL) and make use of its services
Doing all of the above will improve your English accuracy, fluency and confidence.
We hope you will find these materials helpful during preparation for your IELTS test.