List of Exercises
Here is a list of exercises you can do:
- Adjective order - what order to write or
say adjectives in, and a technique to help you to memorise them.
- Apologise / apologises / apologies -
the grammar of apologise.
- Articles and Geography - teaches you the
correct articles to use before countries, cities, islands, mountains, lakes, seas and
- Because or Due to the fact that - an explanation
and an exercise.
- Categorisation - this exercise introduces the
vocabulary and grammar needed for the function of categorisation, and includes a short
exercise to help you check that you understand.
- Cause and Effect - this exercise introduces the
vocabulary and grammar needed to describe causes and effects. Includes an exercise.
- Complain / complaint / complained - the
grammar of 'complain'
- Conditional Clauses
Clauses - in spite of the fact that, etc.
- Contrast clauses - sentence
- Describing Numbers - an explanation, a
program to write and speak a number, and an exercise
- EAP Resources Exercises
- How to write e-mail
- Explanation of functions in essay
titles, and an exercise on which functions to use
- Formal and Informal Sentences - a
- Functions Correction Exercise - to help you with
the functions of definition, comparison and contrast. Includes an exercise.
- Relative clauses
- Replacing 'get'
- Replacing idioms with
- If - Explanation of 'if ' sentences and how to choose which
sentence structure to use.
- It is because and this is because
- an explanation and an exercise
- Important or Importance? Explanation and exercise on
which word to use.
- Job Interview Questions - a multiple-choice
- 'Lack' or 'Lack of'? - an explanation and an exercise
- Letter of adjustment (Reply to a Letter of
Complaint) correction exercise.
- Prepositions and collocations for job application letters in a Grammar Aliens game.
- Modals and tentativity
- Passive Voice
- Precise Words
- Prefix Meanings - a
- Prefixes Crossword
- Prepositions and Geography -
grammar rules and a multiple choice exercise.
- The Use of
Prepositions in Job Applications
- Problem areas: prepositions
- Purpose, reason
and result clauses
- Referencing Exercises:
- Spot the errors and correct them in in-text references.
- Spot the errors and correct them in bibliographical
- Satisfaction - choosing between 'satisfy',
'satisfied', 'satisfying' and 'satisfactory', etc.
- Sentence Types
- Staff or Staffs? Using the right part of speech of staff.
- Subject-verb agreement - an explanation and an
- Suffixes for
Meaning and Word Class
- Suffixes for New Words
- Synonyms for nouns
- Synonyms for verbs
Tentativity - an explanation and an exercise
- The Plan of the English Verb - how to choose what tense
- Transitivity - transitive
and intransitive verbs
- Trends - this exercise introduces the vocabulary and grammar
needed to describe trends. Includes an exercise.
- Trends Headings - this exercise shows how to use
headings when describing trends. Includes an exercise.
- Vocabulary: Common Confusions - a developmental quiz with
Last updated on: Thursday, May 30, 2013Hits: 564747 visited